Green Chile Bean Dip
This recipe is a great party dip that is simple and quick to make. It won grand prize at the Hatch Valley Chile Festival.
* 1 15 oz can of refried beans with sausage
* ¼ cup of Hatch green chile roasted, peeled and chopped
* ½ cup of picante sauce hot or mild
* 1 Tbsp of Taco seasoning
* 1 Roma tomatoes finely diced
* ¼ cup of diced black olives
* 1 small jalapeño diced
* ¼ cup of Sweet NM onions finely diced
* 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
* Salt, Pepper and garlic salt to taste
* Lettuce, Tomatoes, black olives and sour cream to garnish if desired.
1. In a microwavable 9 inch pie plate, mix together beans, sauce, chile, jalapeño, seasoning, tomatoes, onions, olives and season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
2. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes stirring frequently.
3. Sprinkle with cheese and microwave an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
4. Let cool for 5 minutes and garnish with chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, black olives and a dollop of sour cream.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy.